Free On-Campus Bike Traffic Safety Classes!
Sign Up Here. Drop-Ins Welcome!
The East Bay Bicycle Coalition, with support from the UC Berkeley Police Department, is offering free bicycle safety classes on UC Berkeley Campus this year. The two-hour classes will be offered twice a month (first Monday, last Thursday) from 3-5pm, unless otherwise noted.
First class of the year will be in Rm. 37 in 1 Sproul Hall (basement), near Telegraph Avenue & Bancroft Way. Locations for Feb – May TBD. Check back soon for updates!
- Thurs. Feb. 23, 3-5pm, Part I (Barrows 60)
- Mon. Mar. 5, 3-5pm, Part I (Barrows 151)
- Thurs. Mar. 29 – NO CLASS due to spring break
- Mon. Apr. 2, 3-5pm, Part I (Barrows 151)
- Sat. Apr. 14, 9am-2:30pm, Part II Road Skills (Wheeler 101)
- Thurs. Apr. 26, 3-5pm, Part I (Barrows 60)
- Mon. May 7, 3-5pm, Part I (location tbd)
- (fyi, Bike to Work Day is Thurs. May 10th!)
- Thurs. May 31, 3-5pm, Part I (location tbd)
- Mon. June 4, 3-5pm, Part I (location tbd)
The classes are open to students, faculty and staff, who can sign-up online starting September 5 at: ebbc.org/safety. Drop-ins welcome. These fun and entertaining classes are taught by the East Bay Bicycle Coalition’s bicycle safety instructors certified by the League of American Bicyclists. Learn basic rules of the road, how to share the road with cars on busy streets, dismount zone rules and etiquette, how to equip your bicycle, fit your helmet, use transit, fix a flat, and avoid crashes by riding predictably, visibly, and communicating with motorists by your actions and signals. No bike required.